How much can I earn?
Based on our experience and depending on the location selection, units have proven to earn $40,000 to $60,000 per year in annual revenue. Annual operating costs are approximately $15,000-$18,000 per year. Excludes financing costs. Includes lease payments for ground rent.
How can I become an Ice House owner?
Owning an Ice House is a relatively low-maintenance proposition, ideal for individuals, partners, and investor groups. North Carolina Icehouse can help you with every step of the process, which consists roughly of the following:
- Contact us: Email or call Kirk Parker at (919) 832-7300
- Identify a small plot of land (or part of a busy parking lot) to purchase or lease. North Carolina Icehouse can point you to locations already set up for lease.
- Purchase one or more Ice Houses
- Apply for city building permits
- Coordinate between power company and licensed electrician to install power to machine (220-3phase)
- Tie in power to condensing unit and ice machine as per plans (use electrician)
- Coordinate with utility company and plumber to hook up water supply
- Accompanied by a local North Carolina Icehouse representative, supervise delivery and installation of your Ice House
After that, it’s simply a matter of maintaining and sanitizing your unit on a regular schedule and collecting your money! For more information, call Kirk Parker at (919) 832-7300 or email us.